WELCOME TO AUTOROLLER
The world famous Auto-Roller is used on all types of cricket ground from the top test cricket wickets, to county, village and school greens. Our World Class Cricket Rollers are also available for Hire. Please contact us for Details! We also have re-conditioned Rollers available from time to time. So please keep checking back for availability.
Why Choose Auto-Roller?
- The ECB guidelines for rolling pitches show that our standard rollers achieve the optimum mass/width factor for all pitch performance levels and we supply the Autoroller worldwide to Test Wickets as well as at County and Club level.
- All Auto-rollers now use precision ball bearings in the rollers (the 3ft roller does use plain bearings for the split front roll, as well as ball bearings) which keeps both power requirement and maintenance to a minimum.
- The rolls are fully machined from 20mm thick steel, ensuring perfect concentricity and allowing the optimum radius at the roll edges.
- We only use diesel engines from Kubota or Hatz – both world renowned for reliability. We could use petrol engines, but there are increased fire, fuel theft and durability issues, so although diesels cost more, we think they are a much better long term investment.
- We offer 3ft and 4ft new Autorollers, plus, if you have a genuine Autoroller made in the last 70 years, the option (irrespective of condition) to fit our repower kit. The engines meet all current emission standards and in conjunction with high quality transmissions, are particularly fuel efficient.
- Auto-Rollers produced as early as 1948 have had our repower kit fitted. This is effectively a 'heart transplant', giving them not only a new lease of life but power steering as well – so buy one, and a total investment of about £8000 over 64 years (including the cost of the original roller) equates to £125 per year – surely reason enough to invest in the best!
- All current production Autorollers have industrial quality hydraulic systems – from respected suppliers such as Parker and Poclain and are filled with biodegradable hydraulic oil. All hose fittings use ORFS fittings ‘O’ ring sealed to reduce the possibility of oil leaks – combined, these features extend the working life and improve performance.
- We offer a spares service for machines produced since the early 1930’s.
- We design and build our products with great care to ensure our customers have the best machine available. We can support units built in the last 70 years from our base here in Wiltshire, and we are sure you will never regret buying the best.
ECB Rolling Guidelines
Both 4ft and 3ft Auto-Roller models are fully in line with the recommendations of the ECB’s ‘Guidelines for Rolling in Cricket’ report, compiled by Cranfield University.
One of our Precision Rolls was used during the testing.